Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Rising Sun Fire Escape

Shutter Speed = 1/50th sec, F-stop = 1.8, Focal Length = 50mm (canon fixed 50mm), ISO = 6400, Handheld

This photo was taken 8-2-11 in downtown Tulsa, Oklahoma. We were in a pretty shady area behind a bar when I saw this. I took the photo while standing next to a passed out homeless guy. It was an extremely low light situation, and my tripod is still in California, so I was forced to bring the ISO up to 6400 when I try to not ever go above 1600. Fortunately it didn't end up too grainy. I also wish I could've straightened out the side and the top so they are even, but the perspective I was at made that impossible, and all crop variations i tried made it look worse. This photo is probably going into my top 10 favorite pictures I've taken. It reminds me of the Japanese Rising Sun. There is a little bit of color correction done in post.

No comments:

Post a Comment