Monday, June 27, 2011

Electric

Shutter Speed = 30 sec, F-stop = 5, Focal Length = 21mm (18-55mm canon kit lens), ISO = 400, Mini Tripod

This photo was taken on 6-23-11 on the banks of the Arkansas River in Bixby, Oklahoma. We were launching fireworks and wheelin when we noticed the lightning storm to the west of us. I got out the camera and the mini tripod from my backpack and set them on the roof of my friend Lee Crandall's truck and took this shot. I really like the yellowish orangish glow on the clouds from the Tulsa city lights. I also like the silhouette of the power tower. I feel like most pictures of lightning have a ton of negative space and the power tower fills that in nicely. It is way more hard to photograph lightning than i ever anticipated, especially since I left my tripod in California, so I am also super stoked that I actually got this clear of a shot. 

1 comment: